WE'VE MOVED!

WAIT, NO. HIDE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Starting February 2014 this blog will be out of action.

But DO NOT DESPAIR. We've just moved, and you can still find the same riveting and informative posts that you have come to expect on our new blog:

Friday, March 20, 2009

MicroVisions No 3

(click image for larger version)

I tried to take a few more photos for this piece to detail the steps. I like to keep a record of the steps of my pieces. I hate doing something in a painting that turns out amazing and then going to try and recreate the effect in a later piece only to find that I have no idea how I did it before.
So I often take notes in the steps to help capture it.  

In this piece, you will notice a lot of reworking, specifically in the color changes from the 3rd to last and the 2nd to last pieces.  A glaze kind of got away from me there, and the image changed pretty drastically. (Now, where's the control+z button on this canvas thing again?) 
In the end I am still pleased with how it turned out, but now I know what medium not to use when glazing in the future... 


2 comments: