WE'VE MOVED!

WAIT, NO. HIDE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Starting February 2014 this blog will be out of action.

But DO NOT DESPAIR. We've just moved, and you can still find the same riveting and informative posts that you have come to expect on our new blog:

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

D'Artiste Digital Painting 2

The new D'artiste has just been released. I am very honored to have been included in this year's issue by Don Seegmiller. His books on digital painting are what originally moved me to pursue digital painting. I, and many others, owe him a great debt for his wonderful contribution.



4 comments:

  1. Greetings, your work is great.

    i saw on u tube the video of you working at one of the beowulf illustrations. The celtic motives on the house in the background, you drawed freehand or attached and adapted ?
    Excuse the curiousity, but i love to see other people's working methods.

    Thanks
    daniele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get this great book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible work, I check in frequently to see your updates, where is the book sold at? thanks for your contribution to greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'Artiste is put out by Ballistic Publishing, who are responsible for a great many superb books on digital painting. This book is available here: http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/dartiste/digital_painting_2/

    And Daniele, The celtic designs are a combination of elements, but for the most part I created them freehand using an excellent book on the subject from Dover Press. I did the freehand work digitally in CS3, which saved me a tremendous amount of time. In CS3 I could make a single section and then copy it several times to achieve the overall pattern.

    ReplyDelete